Community Healthcare Coalitions are those organizations within a community that are dedicated to building an Integrated and Sustainable Delivery System.
While Communities Joined in Action are able to work at a national level to align national policy with healthcare collaboratives, the CJA Affiliate’s goals are to align state policy and link critical activities with government programs. The Health Coalitions work at a community level to build and sustain local capacity, plan among providers to coordinate systems of care and create the readiness for reforms.
Community Healthcare Coalitions are needed to:
- Hire, train and manage community health workers.
- Facilitate community development.
- Be a catalyst for change.
- Measure and communicate outcomes.
- Broker deals based on value propositions.
- Access health status, disparities and effectiveness of services.
- Develop common client referral enrollment and track systems.